search for images that are in public domain or under creative commons (CC) licenses.
Use this custom search engine or the individual sites below.
Pics4Learning is a safe, free image library for education.
Teachers and students can use the copyright-friendly photos & images for classrooms, multimedia projects, websites, videos, portfolios, or any projects in an educational setting - See more
What is Wikimedia Commons?
Wikimedia Commons is a media file repository making available public domain and freely-licensed educational media content (images, sound and video clips) to everyone..
Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority Image Collection
Mini Collection Search
We are happy for you to use these images for non-commercial educational use free of charge, provided you acknowledge the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority.
(for example - Photographs courtesy of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
Photograph courtesy of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
On Pixabay you may find and share images free of copyrights.
All pictures are published under Creative Commons public domain deed CC0.
You can copy, modify, distribute and use the images, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission and without paying attribution.
Search millions of free Creative Commons photos from Flickr and add them to your blog posts easily.
PhotoPin helps bloggers find photos for their blog and makes adding them to their post fast and easy.
Just search for any topic using the search box
(e.g. "laptop", .),
preview the photo,
click "get photo"
download the photo [including the proper attribution link]
Public Domain Pictures
PublicDomainPictures.net is a repository for free public domain images. Material can easily be browsed by various categories, including professional or seasonal photos. Image tags allow an easy search.
The morguefile contains photographs freely contributed by many artists to be used in creative projects by visitors to the site.
This is another great resource of free images and similar to Google Images, Flickr offers a search functionality that you can use to look for only public domain pictures. Refine your query in Flickr using advanced search to look for and find free images.
Compfight is an image search engine tailored to efficiently locate images for blogs, comps, inspiration, and research.
The Isabella Sewart Gardner Museum has a broad range of works from musicians and composers for download.
- http://www.geograph.org.uk/ - photographs of the British Isles all under CC licences
- http://openphoto.net/ - a moderated photo community with over 3000 CC licensed photos in various categories
- http://wellcomeimages.org/ - a collection of openly licensed images from topics ranging from medicine and magic to science.
- http://openstreetmaps.org – a map of the world built by a community of mappers that contribute and maintain the source data.
- http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Maps_of_the_world - collection of maps contained within the Wikimedia Commons repository.
- http://pixabay.com – a site where you can discover and share images free of all copyrights.
- http://europeana.eu/portal - a portal that allows you to view materials from a range of Europe’s leading galleries, libraries, archives and museums.
- http://eol.org – a site that gathers knowledge about all of Earth’s life forms and makes it available to everyone, anywhere.
- http://plos.org – The Public Library of Science site aims to provide more open access to research materials.
- https://www.abelssoft.net/ccfinder.php - CC finder is a software that enables you to search the net for CC licensed materials.
- http://scienceimage.csiro.au – the CSIRO’s collection of CC licensed images.